Sunday, March 9, 2008

Support ticket system breaking down?

This site has been inaccessible for more than a day. That is because I decided to switch to a custom domain, and to publish under kiwidollar.com rather than under kiwidollarcom.blogspot.com. (At present, kiwidollar.com redirects to kiwidollarcom.blogspot.com. If I published under kiwidollar.com, this process would be reversed.)

To make the change, I went to blogger.com's publishing settings and opted for "custom domain". (It was that move that made my site inaccessible.) Then I went to RegistryDomains.net, where kiwidollar.com is registered, opened a support ticket, and asked them to make the necessary changes in the domain's DNS settings. And then I waited, and waited, and waited...

All too often these days, support tickets are treated in the same way as emails are treated: they are ignored. Two weeks ago, I had the same problem with PCTools.com, which had charged me for some software I am no longer using. But in that case, I was able to go to the PCTools forum and complain - with immediate results.

So for the time being, things are back to how they were before. The support ticket at RegistryDomains remains open, but goodness knows when it will be attended to.


No comments: