Thursday, April 17, 2008

Write reviews, make money

Blogs are the easiest things in the world to start. Maintaining them, especially after their novelty has worn off, is a different matter. How often have you read an interesting entry in a blog, only to find, on checking its date, that it was posted in 2004 - or even earlier?

I started this blog for several reasons. First, I wanted to provide a record of business/financial events in New Zealand. Second, I wanted to make notes - to both myself and my readers - on the merits or demerits of the programs I join from time to time. Third, I wanted to set myself up as a writer of reviews, and possibly make a little money.

I have written reviews in the past, but only for the print media. Most of my reviews have been of books sent by their publishers to The Japan Times, where I worked between 1963 and 1972, and to the Manawatu Standard in New Zealand, where I have worked since 1972. (I am currently a copy editor in the advertising features department.)

I haven't made an exhaustive search on the internet for opportunities to make money by writing reviews, but have found a couple of promising sites. One is Sponsored Reviews (see the ad below), where I have just signed up.



No comments: